Monday, September 28, 2009

the lion king.

part of our intensive swahili program is a village stay in rural kenya. from nairobi we bused to mombasa, on the coast. the bus was called 'the mash cool' and had a dvd player, very deluxe. someone put on the lion king. it was the most surreal experience watching the lion king while driving through where it easily could have taken place. we spotted zebra from the windows as 'circle of life' played on screen, pretty wonderful.

we stopped outside of tsavo for lunch. I made a few jokes about man-eating lions, which were completely lost on my fellow students. I think they are a little too young to realize val kilmer used to make good movies like 'ghost in the darkness.'

1 comment:

  1. Yo that movie was amazzzzzizng. Val still makes good movies. Did you see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? That was only about 5 years ago. Know who I never see anymore? Chris Tucker. What's he up to? I'm going to IMDB him immediamente.

    ReplyDelete