Monday, October 12, 2009

cholera.

before you panic...pretty sure I don't have cholera. I mean there is an outbreak in part of the country and I may have similar symptoms but luckily I can trace mine back to some really poor decision making.

it all started with a mosquito. ugh.

I accidentally left my bedroom window open a few nights back and a few of those bloodsuckers found their way into my sanctuary of slumber. okay, so sanctuary of slumber is a bit of an overstatement. I'm convinced the neighborhood dogs are fighting hyenas every night outside our compound, its eight million degrees, and cars are constantly screeching by...so, peaceful it is not...but I digress...

those damn mosquitos were buzzing in my ear for hours. it seemed like days. but of course being half asleep and lazy I kept shooing them away or smacking myself in the head. after a good two hours of constantly smacking myself in the head and on the verge of being mildly concussed I woke up enough to make a conscious effort to kill every last living, buzzing thing in my room.

needless to say it involved a lot of awkward leaping, jumping and flailing.

I worked up quite the thirst but alas was out of bottled water. so I ventured to the bathroom tap...great plan! and proceeded to drink a good liter of unfiltered, delicious, I-live-next-to-a-giant-slum-with-no-proper-sewer water and go back to bed.

I'll spare you the details of the last few days but I've become intimately acquainted with any and all available bathrooms in my vicinity. and I've got to give it the good ol' gastrointestinal system...impressive waste removal system.

gotta go wash my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment