Tuesday, December 29, 2009

pizza.

my host family has been fantastic. since my program ended they've allowed me to store all my stuff at their house and between trips elsewhere have allowed Gabe and I to crash (I even get my clothes washed when I pop in, and all the chai I can drink... and more.) Gabe and Bufi (the youngest son) get along great and have had some epic playstation matchups.

most recently when we were there we offered to cook dinner for them as a sort of thank you for putting up with us.

now neither Gabe nor I is much to write home about in the kitchen but we figured we'd give it our best.

we made grandaddio's famously delicious tomato sauce, pasta, pizza margerita, roasted vegetables, garlic bread and chocolate chip banana bread. nothing too fancy and within our skill level to execute.

I can't say they've been converted to our way of eating however. they politely ate everything and remarked how good it was but they also slathered the pizza and pasta with sugary ketchup (called peptang) and chili sauce... so how much they actually liked it remains unclear.

the chocolate chip banana bread was a huge success however.

No comments:

Post a Comment